The Mental Health Team at LLP have put together a video to support transition to secondary school, it can be accessed via this link https://vimeo.com/556226798
Please find below links to the transition materials for each class, these are for the class your child will be in from September 2021.
We know that transition and moving year groups can be an anxious time for both children and their families and in particular in the light of the lack of school routine due to the COVID lockdown. As a school we will be doing our very best to ensure this transition is as smooth as possible in the current circumstances. Further details to follow.
There are also a number of resources that families can use to support this transition for individual children. Click on the links below to find out more
PSHE Home learning lessons for primary who are transitioning to the next stage of their education and lives. These lessons help pupils to:
- Identify feelings about moving to the next key stage.
- Explore the impact of school closures on transition.
- Describe the changes that can occur as they move to the next key stage.
- Assess the challenges of transition and strategies to manage these.
- Identify sources of support.